With recent upgrade to iOS8, we see the introduction of Continuity and Handoff, both are great new features that make the user experience more seamless than it has ever been before when it comes to using multiple Apple devices.
Continuity is a function I have been wanting for ages as it lets you answer phone calls that come in on your iPhone on your iPad, and soon on your Mac via the up coming update to Yosemite which I have been using for on Beta for a while.
Handoff, along with family sharing is one of the best additions to iOS8 and Continuity.
This lets you start a task on one device, such as browsing a website on safari on your iPhone, and then pick up where you left off on another, be it the iPad or Mac.
Now if like me, when you update to iOS8 you might run into problems using these functions, luckily it looks like a pretty easy way to go about fixing it.
With these simple steps it should fix the issue of using Continuity and Handoff with iOS8:
- Launch Settings on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 8.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Handoff & Suggested Apps.
- Turn the Handoff option Off and then back On again.
- Tap General at the top to return to go back to previous menu screen
- Tap Settings at the top to return to go back to previous menu screen
- Scroll down and tap on FaceTime.
- Turn the iPhone Cellular Calls option Off and then back On again.
- Reboot your iPhone or iPad.
- Repeat this process with every device you'd like to use.
- Try placing a test call to see if the issue is resolved.
Below is a quick walk through gallery in case you get stuck but this will hopefully sort out any issue you have with this, leave a comment below if it works or if it don't!