Next month will see our first family holiday in over 3 years. We are all booked up to visit Disneyland Paris at the end of October to celebrate Little Geek's 13th Birthday, which will be when we are there!
We planned on turning up at the Euro Tunnel and surprising her as to where we were going, but as so much planning is likely to be needed we decided to tell her recently and include her in the plans, that way she won't miss out on anything we might forget etc
Booking the trip earlier this year I totally underestimated how much prepping is going to be required to ensure we are ready for this trip.
I have actually had to get a notebook and make a numerous lists of things we still need to sort before we go and they include:
- Making the car ready for the continent
- Planning our route
- Ensuring Passports are all up to date (can you believe mine had expired!)
- Booking restaurants for the duration of the trip. Luckily when we booked we got a deal including half board and the helpful people at Disney recommend that we book our restaurants ahead of time, something we probably wouldn't have even thought of!
- Preparing my legs, having a bit of a dodgy left leg I need to get this ready for walking serious distances each day!
- Lists..... making lists of what we want to see / do over the 4 days we are there!
There is much more that needs planning, I have yet to even think about clothes, What is the weather going to be like at the end of October in Paris?
As it is going to be the Little Geeks 13th Birthday on the Saturday, we have been wondering what can we do to make this day extra special? We have looked at the Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show but not sure if she will like this (If anyone has been let me know what you thought!), but what else should we do! More research is required I think.
For now I am going back to researching restaurants, at least 2 fussy eaters out of the 5 of us!
Oh and settings a reminder in my calendar to get he car serviced before we go! But if there are any seasoned Disneyland Paris travellers out there, be sure to get in touch with all your tips!!